Term Name on Custom Post Type

Please refer to screen captures. I have a Custom Post Type called Z-Suite and it has two categories. I’ve created an Archive layout and under Conditions, I simply set “Post Type is Z-Suite” to bring all of the posts into the layout. Next I added a text box to the layout and using Dynamic content I want to show the Category of each post. However, when I add {{dc:term:name}} to the text box, nothing appears. Is it possible I need to add something else to the Conditions setting in order to get the categories to show up? I’m perplexed.

Hi @mcaravaglia,

Thanks for reaching out.
Can you please make sure that the Term Name dynamic content tag is inside the Looper, if not please move it and check if that helps. If it is already inside the Looper, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

See screen capture showing text box is within the Looper. Secure note with login credentials sent.

Hello @mcaravaglia,

The given WP credentials is not working for us. Please use the Terms element inside your Looper Consumer.

Sample Element structure for Z-Suite Single layout:

Section
   Row 
     Column - Looper Consumer
           Headline - `{{dc:post:title}}` for the title
           Text - `{{dc:post:the_content}}` for the Content description
           Terms - element to display the terms assign to this custom post type

The Terms element consists of its own Looper Provider/Consumer before displaying the {{dc:term:name}} dynamic content.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.