Term filter returns category and post format if you have a category called "Video"

Hi there, I want to filter posts by a category named “Video”. I also want to use the category for conditions. The problem: I also have posts with a video format. If I use the Query Builder for looper providers and filter the taxonomy “Video” the output will be posts from the category Video AND posts that have the format video. The same happens with conditions. How do I avoid that?

Thanks

Philipp

Hello Philipp,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you set the category from the taxonomy select box then you need to set the condition for the post format. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Test-Page-Builder-Pro (11)

You may change the Looper Provider as a Query string and then add these query strings in the WP Query box.

post_type=post&posts_per_page=20&post_status=publish&ignore_sticky_posts=1&tax_query%5Brelation%5D=AND&tax_query%5B0%5D%5Btaxonomy%5D=category&tax_query%5B0%5D%5Bfield%5D=slug&tax_query%5B0%5D%5Bterms%5D%5B0%5D=video&tax_query%5B1%5D%5Btaxonomy%5D=post_format&tax_query%5B1%5D%5Bfield%5D=slug&tax_query%5B1%5D%5Bterms%5D%5B0%5D=video

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks a lot!

Hi Philipp,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.