Have just installed X successfully and wanted to go directly to make use of restaurant demo template. When I click on Template Manager I get a “wait” spinning circle but nothing happens after an extensive wait.
Hello @jupiter102,
Thanks for asking. 
There could be a fatal error on the page. In most cases, fatal errors is due to PHP memory exhaustion. We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:
define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */
Second, please make sure that if you are using SSL under Settings > General WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL), both uses HTTPS instead of HTTP. https://cl.ly/0M220q2j290y
We would loved to know if this has work for you.
Thank you.
Not Resolved: Thanks Prasant for your prompt reply. I have contacted 1&1 and asked for the settings you suggest to be applied. They have done this but the problem does not seem to be resolved.
I did successfully install the Theme and then activate the restaurant demo - I just cannot adjust content using Cornerstone (or any functionality that seems to need this).
Hello @jupiter102,
Thanks for updating thread. 
Looking that your website (url in secure note) I can see that you are using latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone. In that case please try out following solutions:
- Go to X > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
- Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
- Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to
.htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
- Make sure that you’re running at least PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any WordPress related incompatibility issues. If you’re not sure what your server configurations and settings are, install a plugin like WP-Serverinfo (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-serverinfo/) and check your server info by head over to Dashboard -> WP Serverinfo area.
- Check your
PHP Max Execution Timeand set it for 300 for optimal usage.
If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.
Thank you.
RESOLVED…but not with your suggestion. I know I am new to this so really struggled to follow your suggestion…then I tried CHROME rather then Internet Explorer. Chrome works, Internet Explorer does not. This is enough of a fix for me to move forward. Very much appreciate your help. Thanks
Glad to hear that. 
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.