Tax_query failing - potential theme conflict

Hello,
The tax_query works properly on X-Theme v7.2.3 but fails on Pro Theme v4.2.3 and above. We are currently using Pro Theme v4.3.2 - it’s still failing. We’ve tested for all theme and plugin conflicts. I should note that I created a previous ticket but the solution offered did not resolve the issue (Tax_query failing on Pro Theme v4.2.3). In addition, we originally noticed the issue in late March 2021, and in the X-Theme changelog you reference an update to the tax_query relation on March 1st 2021: https://theme.co/content/pro4-2-x8-2-cornerstone5-2/#changelog.

I’ve created a video that you can see in the next hidden comment.

Thanks.

Hi @timmichar,

Thanks for explaining the issue in details.
It seems that the Tax Query is not properly executed in the VSOE plugin that you are using. As this is an issue with 3rd Party, I would suggest you to contact the Plugin Author with this.
Regretfully, the 3rd Party plugin or custom code is beyond the scope of theme support.

The Change Log issue was fixed for the Looper Provider only, and not related to the issue you mentioned.

Thanks

Hello @tristup. This is not a 3rd party plugin. This is a plugin I made with the ThemeCo API. I’m informing you that there is a conflict with the Pro Theme and the very standard tax_query relation of a wp_query. It used to work until the Pro theme updated. So, I’m fairly certain it’s a Pro Theme conflict.

Thank you.

Hi @timmichar,

Thank you for providing the details. We don’t have a temporary solution to offer at this moment. We’ll report this to our issue tracker once we’ve replicated the issue. Please stay tuned.

As this is a custom code problem, it’s beyond the scope of theme support. I would suggest you can avail of our service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.