Tall image display and homepage custom width

I need help with a feature. I run a photography website on Integrity Stack and i have some problems displaying my pictures. There are 2 formats of pictures that i want to display: landscape (1200 x 800 px) and portrait (595 x 853px). By default the theme resizes the tall image to fit the whole width and that makes it incredibly large for any desktop/laptop screens. I want to group the tall ones 2 per row because they look so much better and in the mean time maintain the responsiveness etc. I have about 40-50 images per post.

Can it be done via css? I’ve also thought of using block grid but creating a grid for every 2 tall pictures is tiresome and it also adds white space (aditional padding and borders) between pictures.

Here’s some reference info:
https://silhouettes.ro/2017/09/17/nunta-catalina-liviu-16-09-2017/

I’ve also tried to reduce the width of the overall website to 900px so the pictures would fit a smaller width and therefore resize to a smaller number but that makes my homepage look shrunk and uneven.

Can i keep the frontpage at a custom width and the whole website at a standard width? I only need the homepage to be wider.

Is there any way to do this?

I’ve attached a demo of how i would like to result to be.

Thank you!
Sergiu

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

It’s doable by limiting your section or row’s width. Example, please add this CSS to your global custom CSS.

.box-width {
max-width: 600px;
margin: 0 auto;
}

Then you can simply inspect your section or row and add box-width to its Class input field under Customize section. Don’t add it to column’s Class. The purpose of it is to apply box layout that wraps the landscape and 2 column sections.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.