Tag base removal from URL

Hello,

https://tarekrabaa.com/tag/طارق-الربعة/

I am having this format for the tag.
I want to remove it from the URL as i did for the category base. Do you know how to remove it?

Thx

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! To remove a tag url, the tag must be deleted. Please go to Posts > Tags and find the tag that needs to be deleted.

Hope this helps.

hello,

Not this what i mean. I mean to keep the tag but to remove the tag baseline from url only.

for example instead of having https//test.com/tag/story to change it to https://test.com/story

thx

Hi there,

It is not possible as it can cause conflict with the other pages which might have story as a slug, for example a category with a story slug. That is why the WordPress adds the base for the tags.

Please consider that this is a pure WordPress question and not related to our theme. There are few ways and plugins to be able to do so but you need to be aware of the possible conflict which I already mentioned in the first part of my answer.

Please follow this google search for your research to find a solution regarding the tag base URL.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.