hello,
The themco team has helped with providing me this script so that I could link the “efforts” icons on the landing page to the appropriate tab on the “our efforts” page. However it is not behaving properly on the iphone. It is navigating to the appropriate tab from the landing page, BUT when trying to go to a different tab it jumps back to the original tab when you scroll. The website is : https://statenislandda.org/
Please advise.
Thank you
Hello There,
Thanks for writing in! I have visited your old threads and I found the JS code that we gave you. At the moment, when I visited your site, I am seeing this:
I can see that you are using CloudFlare and I think you are having a caching issue. Please log in to CloudFlare and purge your site cache. For best results, please make sure that you are using the best recommended CloudFlare settings for X. Please check it here: https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/
Please let us know how it goes.
ok the css should be fixed. Please let me know about the jumping of the tabs. But you have to click on an icon from the efforts in the landing page in order for it to jump. If you simply go to the efforts on your own, the page it does not jump. Thank you
Hello There,
I have checked the homepage and the links. I could no longer replicate any issues. I can click on the tabs with out any problems. It does not jump back to the original tab. Maybe you are just experiencing caching issue. Please clear your iPhone browser’s cache or use private browsing mode and test it again.
Please let us know how it goes.
Hello,
So the problem doesnt occur when clicking on the tabs. When you click on an icon from the home page. try scolling on the efforts page. or click a different tab on the efforts page and try scrolling on the iphone. it scrolls back up. Theres something going on with it only if you click from the home page.
Also, I am getting this error on a couple of pages. [Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (HTTP/2.0 404) (cs-body.js.map, line 0)
please see attached screenshot. Thank you
Hi there,
Please ignore that error, it’s only visible when a debugger is on, in which it expects a source map for debugging purposes.
I checked the icon and it’s correctly linking to the specific tab. It doesn’t jump or scroll back up but just scroll down to the tabs. What browser you’re testing it with? Perhaps it still due to your mobile browser’s cache?
Thanks!
It is still doing it. For example, If you click on the domestic violence icon on the landing page… it will take you to the domestic violence tab on the “our effrots page”. Great, thats what i want. What I dont want, is if I click on another tab on the “our efforts” page and scroll down it will jump back to the domestic viloence tab. So, what is happening is:
whatever tab you click on from the landing page is the tab it will keep jumping back to in the “our efforts” page WHEN you click on another tab AND scroll down.
Its doing it on the ipad as well. Please advise. Are you testing this on an iphone?
also this error keeps running and running. please see attached screenshot.
Hi there,
I have checked the case and the problem is because you did not use the correct code we provided in the last reply of the previous thread. Your code has the resize event added which we advised not to include:

The latest code is given back then does not have the resize event:

Actually, iPhone triggers that resize event on the scroll in some cases and makes the problem you are experiencing.
Please kindly consider that the original request was a customization request which is already outside of our support scope. My colleagues did their best to go the extra mile and help you achieve a feature which is not available built-in in our theme.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to maintain the code or improve the functionality as it will go way beyond the support scope. The code given to you was a try to be helpful, maintaining and future implementation or tweaking of the code to make it work in different case scenarios will be on your shoulders.
Thank you for your understanding.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.