Switching to Themeco Hosting - need some help

Taking the plunge and switching some of the sites I manage to Themeco hosting. I have a bunch of questions. I have a new Pro site that is replacing an old html site. What are my steps?

  1. I purchased G-Suite for business for email. They have 4 active emails that are working through our current hosting. I just have the emails, then I forward them to their other email addresses. What is the best way to seamlessly transfer their site email addresses to G-Suite?

  2. What is the best way to set up the site? Load my new site, then point the domain name to your nameservers?

  3. Do you host other WP themes other than yours?

  4. Do you host html sites? I still have some old ones.

I’ve faked it this long using Bluehost, but it’s time. Please help me fake it with you!

Thank you!
Melanie

Hi there Melanie!

Thanks for writing in.

1: You’ll need to make sure MX records are added for the nameservers that use those email address. Once you have your Themeco Hosting account, you’ll see an area for MX records. Do note though with these types of switches, emails could be down while the switch takes place (should only be an hour or two).

2: When you signup, you’ll be provided with a staging URL (a preview URL), we recommend setting this up as you need with all your content (migrating), then once that is ready push live and change the records at your domain registrar as per the instructions in the hosting account. :slight_smile:

3: We do indeed, you can use any theme on Themeco Hosting, not just X and Pro.

4: We don’t currently host HTML sites, only WordPress sites at this time. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps and any questions let us know! Once you have a Themeco hosting account, you’ll be able to request support from our dedicated hosting support team within your Themeco Hosting account.

Thanks!

Awesome!

Just so I get this straight.

  1. Get my Themeco Hosting account

  2. Set up my staging URL for our new WP site

  3. Push my staging URL live

  4. Point my domain name to Themeco

  5. Set up the MX records for the email accounts for that domain

  6. Repeat for all WP sites! : )

Point me in the right direction if I’ve gone astray!

Hiya Melanie,

That’s correct! Just don’t forget the extra step of importing any content over from your site (that’s if you are bringing in an existing website).

Any issues, our hosting team will be happy to assist.

Thanks!

1 Like