Switching from Cornerstone to Text back to Cornerstone without Corruption

Maybe this has been addressed somewhere but I didn’t see it in my search… I did see a similar post but it was locked and did not answer my question…

Cornerstone can be slow at editing certain things. Sometimes a web page may have the same chunks of code. I would like to grab those chunks of code and cut and paste them into each page. Well, if I do this then my Cornerstone page is corrupt and there is no way back from there. Guys, this sucks! Cornerstone should be made smart enough to rebuild the page if it is changed in the text editor. That is my only gripe about X and Cornerstone. My questions are… is there a way around this? And, if not, could this be added to a list of suggested features? It would make your editor that much better and people like me much happier. Thanks in advance, Mike

This is pretty fundamental to how Cornerstone works. The actual page data contains far more information than is needed for the content area, so we store it in a post meta field. This makes saving only work one way.

If you need to reproduce the same code multiple times you could look into using a Global Block. This feature was added with X 6.0 and Cornerstone 3.0

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.