Superfly theme customization

Hey there,

So for the sake of our design we need the icons at the top of the superfly menu. I can position the icons at the top using absolute but then when the user scrolls it follows which is not ideal. Am I missing something whereby I could actually just modify the HTML output rather than having to deal with css3. OR alternatively do you have a css suggestion for me to keep it at the top but not scroll and cover other content?

You can test this out in mobile mode here https://migrants-lgbtqi.ca/

Thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks for writing around! I checked your page in mobile mode but I’m not sure what you mean by scrolling. Your menu stays static event if we scroll down. Can you please share some screenshots so we can take a look?

Thanks!

If you try with Chrome using a different mobile size you’ll see what I am talking about. I can reproduce the same overlay of the icons on my own Android mobile as well so it’s not really an edge case

Hi there,

I am not sure why it is showing that way on the scroll for you. Kindly add the code below to X > Launch > Options > CSS:

@media (max-width: 979px) {
	.sfm-scroll {
		position: relative;
	}
	.sfm-scroll .sfm-social {
		position: absolute;
		top: 0;
	}
}

That should do it, but please kindly consider that your request is a customization of the Superfly extension which is outside of our support scope. We will do our best to help you around with customization but we will not be able to implement nor maintain the suggested codes for you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks that worked perfectly!

BTW as a contractual point I disagree with the comment that this kind of support is

outside of our support scope

If you sell a product that includes plugins then I would imagine that you would support that product. Otherwise, you need to provide the users with the appropriate licenses for these products so that we can intern search for support from those vendors. In the X Theme case you actually bundle it together which makes you responsible I think. I’m not bagging and I truly appreciate your help I just find it frustrating that you would say that. You do realize I cannot actually get support from Superfly themselves because I don’t have a license right?

It worked magically so we can close this but I just wanted to be able to express a bit of frustration with your comment.

Hey @lecprf,

I appreciate your point but @christopher.amirian was correct. He went above and beyond by giving you a custom code where otherwise it could not be done with Superfly’s options.

We do support all bundled plugins but, support generally is limited to problems using the native functionality, not modification of it. As Christopher has done here, we try to go beyond that by assisting with code or at least pointing people in the right direction. Either way, we’re glad we are able to come up with a solution for you and we’ll always do our best to help when you need it.

Regarding the license, it is licensed to our company which in turn gives free usage to you, our users. To actuallly get support from the plugin developer, you need to purchase a separate license.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.