Superfly only showing in test mode

Hi,

This is a follow up to https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/superfly-not-displaying/20330 which has closed at this point.

I had tried all of your recommendations in terms of clearing WP Fastest Cache, Cloudflare, incognito browsing, different machines etc etc, but for whatever reason I am not seeing Superfly, even the partially hidden part of it as shown in your video on the above thread.

I have enabled ‘Test Mode during setup’ and I can see the menu now, it works just fine, but it does not display on the live site.

If you can still see this, can you think of any reason why I cannot? I feel that if caches are cleared etc then there’s not much more to be done, but it’s really mind boggling that you can see it working perfectly when I cannot.

Thank you again in advance,
Mark

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I checked it again and turned off the test mode, and it does work. Please try clearing your browser cache before testing, or use a different PC/device.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad,

I cleared all 3 caches again and it did work, on the desktop version anyway. I then set it to hide on desktop and show on mobile which knocked it off again. I manually deleted the ‘cache’ folder within wp-content to ensure it hadn’t corrupted or something.

But I’ve noticed something that may or may not be related.

I have added in a breadcrumb bar as part of the header builder, but don’t want this to appear on my home page.

I opened my home page in Pro, went to CSS and added in the following;

/Removes breadcrumbs/
.hm18 {
display: none;
}

At this point, the breadcrumb bar does indeed disappear from the preview. I click Save, it gives me the confirmation message. But nothing has changed on the site.

I go back in to check the CSS is correct - it has now disappeared. The changes were not saved. I have even amended existing CSS, saved, refreshed the page and the changes have again been reversed.

Could you try adding the above code in to the home page css and see what you get? Could this relate to an underlying issue, and be connected with the Superfly issue?

Many thanks
Mark

Hi there,

It’s all due to cache and maybe you haven’t cleared it :slight_smile:

So I changed your SuperFly setting and hide it from the desktop but visible in mobile, then I disabled your cache plugins. And it all works, please check (you can enable your cache plugins once you’re done testing).

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

It seems that maybe the clear cache function of WP Fastest Cache isn’t working, it’s taking me to go in via FTP and manually delete the cache folder. But yes I can confirm that the change worked with both Superfly and with the CSS now saving.

Thanks for your ongoing support,
M

Glad it’s okay now, you’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.