Subsequent pages not showing on blog

Hi there. Please go to https://nblund.com/blog. Post excerpts are showing as they should. However, if you select the next page with blog post excerpts, the excerpts are not displayed. When changing to another theme, it works just fine. Upon changing back to Pro Theme, the error is back (both Chrome and Safari). What to do? Thanks.

Hello @nblund,

Thanks for writing in! This issue happened after the updates. Right? After doing the updates and site changes, always remember to clear all caches especially because you have installed the WP Fastest Cache plugin so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

If clearing the plugin caches is NOT helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your site settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi again. I did clear all cache before writing to you. However, you are right that it is cache related - if I deactivate my cache plugin the issue is solved. I would like to keep the cache plugin active.

I noticed you wrote “especially because you have installed the WP Fastest Cache plugin”. Are you suggesting other cache plugins would be better? Please have a look at the configuration (image attached) - would you suggest any changes in order to make the blog pages work properly?

Thanks

Hi @nblund,

Glad that it resolved now. Most of the cache plugin works similarly and you need to clear the cache in a regular interval.

Thanks

Hi there. I wouldn’t exactly call it solved, as the Twenty-Twenty-One theme works fine with the same configuration - it appears to be Theme Pro, not the cache plugin? The problem occurs a very short time after clearing of cache, so I don’t think your proposed solution with clearing cache once in a while is durable. Given that do you still think it this issue is solved from your end?

Hi @nblund,

Sorry for the confusion. The cache plugin usually holds the outputs within it and rendered from it, sometimes even the code or content updated already. To get the updated output, you need to clear the cache. Please remember that it works similarly irrespective of any theme.

Thanks

Thanks again. Given it works similarly irrespective of any theme, I believe the error is somewhere else - because there is a difference in behaviour between the two themes. Would you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi @nblund,

Maybe there’s also a 3rd party cache in your server. I suggest that you contact your hosting provider and ask them if you have one in your account.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. It seems like we are debating over what the root cause is, Perhaps I am missing something but … :slight_smile: Don’t you find it strange, that the Twenty Twenty-one theme works fine whereas the Pro Theme doesn’t - under the same conditions?

Hey @nblund,

In your plugin’s settings, try disabling the following options (especially the minification options, because some JS files are already minified, minifying them again could break the theme):

After making changes, make sure to clear all caches including your browser’s cache and see if this works. Let us know how this goes!

Hi there. I think that works. Thank you for your help.

Hello @nblund,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to reach us if you have any queries regarding our theme and theme settings.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.