Submenus don't work on IE11

Hi there,

This is an issue I’ve been back and forth with support when it was relegated to email only, and am still trying to resolve the issue.

I have a site that uses a Navigation Collapsed element. Within this element, I have a menu which makes use of submenus. Eveyrthing works on Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc. In IE11, however, I get the following error in my console when trying to expand a submenu:

SCRIPT438: Object doesn't support property or method 'includes

The solution I was given before was this:

.x-active ~ ul.sub-menu {
    height: auto !important;
}

This solution doesn’t seem to fix anything.

Any help would be appreciated. The website is https://www.starlight.org

Thanks

I have come up with a CSS solution using the following:

@media all and (-ms-high-contrast:none)
     {
.menu-item-43:hover > .sub-menu {
  display:block;
}

.menu-item-47:hover > .sub-menu {
  display:block;
}

.menu-item-890:hover > .sub-menu {
  display:block;
}

.menu-item-1387:hover > .sub-menu {
  display:block;
}
}

However, this shouldn’t need to be a thing and appears to be a bug in the framework. What can we do to get submenus working properly in a scenario like this?

Hi There,

Glad to hear you found a solution.

I will forward it to our developers to take a look.

Thank you

Thanks for the reply.

I would imagine there should be some urgency to this; is there any ETA on deploying an official fix? We have many sites and many license; the thought that ZERO of them will work on IE11 if they have submenus isn’t a happy feeling.

We have been trying to get ThemeCo to fix this since at least April.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience. I understand your frustration but this bug is still under investigation and we don’t have an ETA. Please stay tuned for updates.

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.