Submenu not showing on front page

Hi, I’m having a weird issue where a submenu item is not appearing when I hover over the top menu item. This is happening on all browsers that I check except Safari on mac. Also, this is only happening on the home page. On all other pages, it works as it should. I tried clearing all caches, disabling Cloudflare and all plugins that do any CSS/Javascript modifications to speed up the site. I also tried to troubleshooting the issue using the inspector in Chrome and noticed it has something to do with “data-x-stem” in the ul tag of the dropdown menu. On all other pages except the home page, that attribute looks like this: data-x-stem=“dr”

I’m not sure why its not showing up like that on the home page. Please take a look.
My site: https://www.splendentfilms.com/

Thanks!

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking, it seems that you’re using CloudFlare. After an update, you need to clear your CloudFlare cache as well by login into your CloudFlare account. Also head over to the Speed tab of your CloudFlare account and make sure to disable CSS & JavaScript autominification options as well.

Now if you’re using any caching plugins on your website, make sure to purge your server cache and test your site again.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

I purged the cache and also put CloudFlare in development mode. I don’t use auto minify in Cloudflare. Then I disabled the optimization plugins but I’m still having the issue.

At this point, I think I’ll just avoid using a submenu and just add the item to the top links instead.

I did some redesigning on my main header just recently and I noticed a similar issue where some features don’t work on the home page only but work on all other pages. I enabled my header to be sticky when scrolling but that doesn’t seem to be working on the home page, but does on all other pages.

There’s something going on with my front page that’s interfering with some of the features.

I took a look at the page source of my home page and compared it to the other pages and I noticed this code inside of a script tag right after the title tag. It’s only visible on the home page.

//

I’m guessing it’s something to do with cloudflare rocket loader but I don’t use that at all (it is disabled in Cloudflare). Then, I did some more digging and checked my page rules in Cloudflare. I noticed one of my page rules had rocket loader set to automatic. I turned it off, clicked save and deploy and refreshed my home page. It worked! Yay! But now I’m wondering, how was rocket loader activated when Cloudflare was in development mode and the cache was purged?

Hi there,

The CloudFlare is present despite the fact that you disable the plugin as the whole DNS is served by CloudFlare.

Glad that you have managed to fix the issue, I suggest that you follow the steps below to correctly add the CloudFlare:

https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.