Submenu Hover Speed

On my staging site:https://www.stagingdomain.xyz/ i have a navigation bar with dropdowns with a third level… for example “equipment” -> drop down -> hover over a dropdown to show third level that opens to the right next to the dropdown.

I am experiencing an issue on the hover move from a submenu link to the third level links. If I mouse over directly to the right and down, works great. But if I mouse over and try to go to a link below the first, the whole dropdown disappears quickly.

How to a delay the hover change so the mouse has time to go from the submenu to the third level links without immediately closing?

Hi @allcal,

Thank you for writing in, but I can’t replicate the issue on my end, the dropdown menus (2nd and 3rd level) works just fine. Please clarify the issue.

In the meantime, try using using your browser’s incognito or private mode. The issue could be related to your browser’s cache or browser add-ons.

Cheers!

I figured it out, but is there a way to make the 3rd submenu transition out not occur. When hovering, the third menu slides up before the previous third menu item transitions out.

Hello @allcal,

Regretfully there isn;t any setting where the transition can be adjusted or removed. A custom CSS code needs to be added into X > Theme Options > CSS to do that instead. You need to use the Google Chrome Developer Toolbar to check the live HTML code and find which CSS selector you need to use.

By default, the submenu is using sub-menu as the class selector. Therefore, you might need to use this code as an example:

.sub-menu .sub-menu {
    transform: translate3d(0,0,0);
    transition-delay: 0s;
    transition-duration: 0s;
    opacity: 0;
}

We need .sub-menu .sub-menu because you only want the 3rd submenu level. Feel free to make adjustment as you need. Here are some related links for further reading, this could help you in finding and implementing some CSS fixes:

Please note that the code provided above serves as a guide only and is to help you in getting started so implementing it and maintaining the code will be out of our support scope and for further maintenance for new possible versions of the theme that may cause the customization to break, you will need to hire a developer.

Note: If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One or Care service for further assistance. We are unable to provide support for customizations under our Support Policy.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.