Subheadline Bug in 4.0.11

Hi there,

I have identified another bug that has happened on a few of my sites since upgrading to v4. Currently on 4.0.11.

This is when using a Headline item setup with graphic and subheadline.

1. Write something in the subheadline box.
  2. Double click to edit it in the live preview section of the builder.
  3. Enter down a line to create an empty line
  4. Double click to select some of the text in the subheadline
  5. Drag this text to the empty line you created above (within the same subheadline)
  6. This will now have moved the text you wanted - but in doing so it will have a black border around where the moved text is located
  7. Go to the page live on the web
  8. This section where you moved the subheadline to will now act as a text box and allow website visitors to input text into the website.

Obviously this isn’t going to be happening a huge amount, but hopefully I can help get it ironed out if needed.

See video in Secure Notes.

Thanks, Tom.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for reaching out.

I tried to replicate your issue on my staging environment but I couldn’t replicate it. Maybe there’s a plugin conflict like tiny mce plugin.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • URL of the page you are working on

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks @marc_a!

I have de-activated the plugins in the Secure Note and this hasn’t made any difference.

I have tested and this isn’t happening on one other of my sites.

I have re-created the headline element with a clean headline element and this still has the issue.

Thanks, Tom.

Hi Tom,

Few other points need to troubleshoot in your case, I would suggest you do that as suggested by my colleague in his previous comment. If you have already done those, I would request you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.