Styling Help

Hey Guys,

I totally know you guys don’t offer support for third party plugins but I still wanted to ask if you can help me out here…

I’m using buddypress and bbpress (which you do support), with the plugins rtMedia for WordPress, BuddyPress and bbPress and Activity Reactions For Buddypress plugin. No matter what I do with CSS I can’t get the forum to look good with the activity reactions and privacy upload settings. I have attached a screenshot. Do you have any advise to make it look better ?

Thanks so much!

Ann

Hi Anne,

Yes, we don’t support third party plugins specially if it’s related to it’s complex functions and features. It should be directed to plugin developer Since that is just a simple CSS fix, try this:

    height: 2.3em;
    padding-bottom: 0;
    padding-top: 0;
    margin-bottom: 0;
}```
Please note that beyond this is outside the scope of our support. That misalignment happens because the dropdown element height is more than the height of other links. Resetting default padding margins and height we decrease the height this align those items.

Hi Lely,

I had some faulty CSS causing the privacy setting and image upload to misalign, that is fixed now. It seems like the default submit button from buddypress is pushed down though. Is there a fix to this? See attached screenshot.

When I inspect the element I can adjust the padding with:

buddypress #whats-new-form #aw-whats-new-submit {
margin-top: 0px !important;
}

But when added to customizer it is not recognizing the CSS.

Also, the favorite option for buddypress is not working. When you click “Favorite” it goes to “0” instead of “1”. If I refresh the “0” is gone but I still can’t mark it as a favorite.

Thanks!
Ann

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! It seems that you have disabled the Buddypress plugin. Could you please deactivate it again?

Please let us know how it goes.

Yeah, I gave up. BuddyPress/bbpress and all their plugins work terribly on the site and slowing everything down so I removed it all.

Thanks anyway.

Ann

You are welcome!