Styles and hero video dropped out after update

Hi,

I have updated a clients site from an old version of the X theme along with Cornerstone and WP. Everything is on the latest update now. The issue is that the styling has dropped out and the hero video. The fonts and colours set inside Cornerstone are not being displayed and other styling is gone too.

I have cleared the cache checked the custom.css file and looked for other work around but I am running out of time on this project and need a good solution quickly.

TIA

Simone

Hello Simone,

Thanks for writing in! You may be having some caching issues. Please check out this documentation first:

If that does not help, please provide us with your WP Access so we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks the cache button was not working. Below is the login details.

Hello Simone,

I checked your site it seems that the video source URL is not working, if you check the video URL it seems that it is going to 404 pages. I would suggest you please correct the video URL. I also noticed that there are some JS console errors which might be due to plugin conflict I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi I have checked the old site which has the same errors but the css is working as the theme update in the dev site has not connected the css files properly https://cablebay.nz/ is the original site without the theme update you can see the errors are the same as the dev site. This issue we are having is the css not working due to the files not connected after the update. I have provided the logins above can you please have a look.

Hello There,

The video does not exist. Check the video link in the secure note below.

And you may need to check the Theme Options. You can compare the Typography settings of the staging to the live site’s Theme Options.

Best Regards.

Hi there,

We have a live site without an update of the theme and required plugin Cornerstone. Everything is working fine. cablebay.co.nz

When we update the theme and required plugin it breaks the CSS and the home video link (if you look in the library the video is still there).

We have checked the theme options before contacting support and the fonts and colours are still set, this is not showing on the front end. This indicates an error in the theme as these styles are not being printed.

So we have two issues:

A) Styles are not printing after theme and required plugin update
B) Video link is breaking after theme and required plugin update.

We have spent a lot of time trouble shooting this and narrowed it down to directly being related to a theme issue. As we are paying for support we would like you to look into the issues with the site created by The X theme and it’s required plugin Cornerstone.

If you can please:

A) report back to us when you have fixed the issue with CSS breaking and then
B) Report back to us when you have fixed the video link breaking.

Many thanks

Hey Sim,

Have you tried updating the live site? I ask because Cornerstone is simply referencing the video relative to your domain. If your staging site method does not include videos, there’s nothing to reference to so you see no video.

Regarding the styling, the only thing I noticed is the font is different. That is because the “Muli” Google Font you’re using is no longer available in Google Font. Please go to Cornerstone > Theme Options > Font Manager and update the Body and Headings font to Mulish and update the Bold Weight to 400 to replicate the Muli font.

If there are other update changes I haven’t noticed, please share a comparison screenshot of the area in your live site and staging site.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.