Stumped about product post

I’m stumped on an issue on a client site. I don’t know if it’s a theme issue or a general issue but I thought I’d reach out and get your support.

I’m running X - 7.2.3 with the X Child Theme on the site with the latest version of Cornerstone and WooCommerce and all plugins are up to date. The issue is on one of the product pages…but only one. When I remove the price, the page shows up fine (albeit without the add to cart button) but when I add the price, it breaks the product page/post. Why I mean by “breaks” is that the product image, footer and background image disappear. This is the only product page on which this happens. I’ve checked other products to see if there is any difference in the way they are set up, and I can’t find any. We initially were using the Product Open Pricing plugin since the product is a gift card and we need people to set their own price. I deactivated the plugin thinking that maybe a recent plugin update caused the issue. But that didn’t change anything.

Here’s the product page that’s not working correctly: https://smseafoodmarket.com/product/gift-cards/

I initially thought maybe there was an unclosed html tag in the body of the text area or somewhere else in the post area but I didn’t find any. I don’t see any errors in the console and cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.

I’m going next to disabling all plugins and reactivating them one by one to see if that fixes the issue. I’ll update this post if that solves it.

Any help our guidance would be appreciated. Let me know if this is not theme related and I’ll find another resource.

Thanks!

I figured it out. It’s the WooCommerce Max Quantity plugin, which is a vital plugin for this client: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-max-quantity/. No idea why it only affects this product page and not the others. I’ll write to the developer and see what she has to say.

Thanks!

Hello Todd,

We are just glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

Actually, it wasn’t the plugin after all. I deleted and recreated the product and it’s working fine now with the plugin activated. Really would like to know why that happened. I can only assume that somehow the database table for that one product got corrupted somehow? Strange. At least it’s fixed now.

Best, Todd

Hey Todd,

Yes that could mean the data of that particular post got corrupted somehow. I’ve experienced similar issues where the layout of the page got corrupted and that’s mostly due to the orphaned HTML tag in content but like you said you couldn’t find it then there could be some other factors. We’re glad the issue is fixed now but in-case you see the same issue again feel free to create a new thread so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.