Stuck on Cornerstone 3.1.1

We are running Xtheme 6.5.5 with cornerstone 3.1.1.

If I update cornerstone the theme breaks and I get no content, just the website frames.

I want to update everything. Will my 3.1.1 files work with Cornerstone 7 or do I need to start over.

What are my first steps?

Hello @HabitatGTR,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you need to have a database and files backup before updating the theme, plugin, or WordPress core or copy your live site to a staging server then update the theme. In case you have not seen our doc of the theme update please have a look at it.

I would also suggest you please follow these steps to update the theme.

1. Deactivate the Cornerstone plugin
  2. Update the Theme,
  3. Update the Cornerstone plugin
  4. Activate the Cornerstone page builder plugin now.

Please note you must clear the browser cache and purge all the cache after updating so that the latest code renders properly.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Updated 6.1.1
Updated X to 9.1.4
Updated Cornerstone to 7.0.3

The site completely breaks now with a fatal error.

Wordpress reports this:

WordPress version 6.1.1
Active theme: X (version 9.1.4)
Current plugin: (version )
PHP version 7.2.34

Error Details

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 53 of the file /home/habitat6/public_html/devh4h/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/admin/markup/page-home-box-design-cloud.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Cornerstone_Plugin::common() in /home/habitat6/public_html/devh4h/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/admin/markup/page-home-box-design-cloud.php:53
Stack trace:
#0 /home/habitat6/public_html/devh4h/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/admin/markup/page-home.php(52): include()
#1 /home/habitat6/public_html/devh4h/wp-content/themes/x/framework/legacy/functions/admin/setup.php(31): include(’/home/habitat6/…’)
#2 /home/habitat6/public_html/devh4h/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): x_addons_page_home(’’)
#3 /home/habitat6/public_html/devh4h/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array)
#4 /home/habitat6/public_html/devh4h/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#5 /home/habitat6/public_html/devh4h/wp-admin/admin.php(259): do_action(‘toplevel_page_x…’)
#6 {main}
thrown

If I open the homepage with cornerstone I get “The preview could not load due to the iframe respponse being incomplete.”cornerstone error

Any ideas?

Hello @HabitatGTR,

It seems that it is an issue of version compatibility issue I would suggest you please make sure your server PHP version is 7.4 or 7.4+ as per our version compatibility page.

I would suggest you please contact your hosting provider to update the server’s PHP version to 7.4 or 7.4+. Please note it is also recommended by WordPress as well please have a look at this article.

Hope it helps
Thanks

I upgraded to php 7.4.

The site is still behaving exactly the same. Same error messages. Any other ideas?

If you are on X 9.1.4 you will need to use Cornerstone 6.1.4.
Or you will need to upgrade X to 10, to match the Cornerstone version. In your account dashboard you should be able to download different versions. Let us know if you have any questions! PHP version 8 does not work 100% in X 9.1.4, but it is fine in X 10.

Honestly upgrading this many versions at once is bound to have more issues, so let us know how we can help, but I would anticipate having to rebuild out certain things to get your desired look. We also offer our service https://theme.co/one that can help with any and all of your website needs I would encourage you to check out.

Where do find cornerstone 6.1.4. to upload it?

In your account dashboard you should see a download for 6.1.4. Then in the WordPress plugin section go to add new and upload plugin. Then you’ll be able to upload the plugin. Let us know if you need any help!

In WordPress

There are no downloads in my Themeco account dashboard.

Is there another dashboard I should be looking for?

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the confusion. You don’t need to download the Cornerstone separately as you are already using the X and the Cornerstone comes as an inbuilt package. And if you are using the X version 9.1.4, you need to use the compatible version of Cornerstone to it and i.e. 6.1.4. To install that, just follow the below steps.

1. Delete the Cornerstone
  2. After deletion please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone version that is compatible with the X version.

Now, if you want to update the X to its latest version i.e. 10.0.3, please follow the below steps.

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone. It will be in the latest version.

To download the X from your Themeco Account, please click on the site or license listed as shown in the given screenshot.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

When I delete Cornerstone. X automatically installs 3.5.4 and the only option is to upgrade to 7.0.3.

There must be a way to download 6.1.4 for manual update. I am getting very frustrated that I paid for this software and the tech support doesn’t reflect the reality of the installation.

I will eventually get to X 10, Cornerstone 7, and PHP 8, but I need these intermediate steps to fix incompatibilities.

Hey Thomas,

Would you mind sharing with us your credentials so that we can investigate further? It would also be best to create a staging area so that we can freely debug your website without interrupting your live website. On the other hand, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Thomas,

I think you have missed the second step after you delete the existing Cornerstone* you need to update the X theme first and then you need to use the link to install the latest version of Cornerstone. Please remember that the Cornerstone version depends on the X version and is compatible with that version only. And the Cornerstone version 6.1.4 is compatible with the X version 9.1.4. So, you need to update the X to 9.1.4 first and then update the Cornerstone with the link shown in my previous comment. As you are trying to update the theme to the Previous version, you need to update it manually by downloading it from your Themeco Account.
As you are updating from a very older version, I would suggest you please copy your live site to a staging server and then update the X into its latest version. And if everything goes fine in your staging please migrate the staging server to live.

If you still find any issues, please create the staging server and share the WordPress admin credentials for further assistance.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

As I indicated in my previous secure note. I am using a staging site. I did EXACTLY what you just wrote.

1. I deleted Cornerstone.
  2. I updated X to 9.1.4 from a download.
  3. X automatically installed 3.5.4, and the only option was to upgrade from that to 7.0.3

Is it impossible to get a zip file of 6.1.4 for manual upload? Surely that must exist somewhere at Themeco.

Hi Thomas,

I have checked the same by downloading the previous version of X, but it installed the 6.1.4 version of Cornerstone in my local environment. I would suggest you please share the WordPress login URL and the credentials in the secure note to investigate the problem. Previously provided credentials are not WordPress admin credentials and also not working with the dashboard URL.

You can get Cornerstone of that version as a previous version, but that is completely a separate product.

Thanks

I think I got it. I had to go back to the twenty-twenty-three theme, completely delete X. and reinstall from there. Now that I have X-9.1.4 running with cornerstone 6.1.4 under php 7.4. What order should I do the upgrade to
X10, Cornerstone 7, and PHP 8

Great to hear. Just do PHP 8 last when you are sure X10 is running right. You need to upgrade both and make sure X10 is running with Cornerstone 7, order doesn’t matter just that they are upgraded together.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.