Stuck. 404 for homepage

Hi I’m putting a site together for a friend with X pro. I created a “home” page and set it to be the home page but I keep getting a 404 page for the home page. I am also getting the conflict in the front end prevent loading message when I try to look at it in Pro. I’m tried switching over from the pro child to pro, but no luck. I really do not have any plugins installed. The site has little content on it. I was putting together some dummy pages to get my layout. I can’t imagine there would be a conflict anywhere.

He was using iPage (which I’m unfamiliar with). I deleted what they had before, it looked like I got it all and the database, so I don’t think that could be it.

Hi,

I would like to check but could not access your site due to Coming soon page.

Would you mind providing us your wordpress admin login so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Hi there,

Did you add some code in your htaccess file?

Kindly provide us with your FTP details as well so that we can check this further.

Thank you.

Wow. I didn’t think about that. Feeling dumb. Thanks so much. There wasn’t an htaccess file. I tried to resave the permalinks because I had read that that would create the htaccess file, but it didn’t. I created one and it worked like a charm. Thanks again.

Glad we could help.

Cheers!