Strange problem with editor

Hi there,

All of a sudden my editor isn’t working properly.

The editor loads fine, but then if I try and a new 3 column row or anything like that the row loads with three vertical rows instead of columns.

Likewise if I try and add a new tab to a tab section…before:

After:

Any idea what is going on here.

I can see an error in my web developer tools:

Which I think is likely related as I don’t see this error on other Pro installs I have.

I’ve tried disabling all plugins and the problem remains.

Regards, John.

Hello John,

Thanks for writing in! Did you insert custom HTML content in one of the Text elements above where you inserted the Row element? There must be a broken HTML code that causes the issue. Please double-check it.

We would also love to investigate if we can access the page. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This happens on every page though.

I’ll submit my login details for my staging site.

Hello John,

I wasn’t able to replicate the issue.

I am editing the following page in the builder.

• See the secure note below.

Best Regards.

Hmm that’s strange, when I try it I get the stacked columns.

What happens if you try and add a tab to that tabbed section?

Hello John,

I have copied your sections as a template and added them to a new page. I think there is something in your current page. I would advise that you try to create a new page as well to test this.

• See the secure note below.

Cheers.

Look at what happens when you try and add a tab to that tabs section though, the formatting disappears.

Also if I try and add a 3 column row now I get:

Hello John,

Please be advised that you cannot nest the Tabs element. You cannot insert a Tab inside another tab as well. Tabs can be inserted in a Column. A Row/Column element can be inserted inside a Tab element.

Best Regards.

Okay thanks. But still if I try and add a tab here:

By clicking here:

The tabs formatting disappears:

Can you please try doing this and see what happens for you?

Hello John,

That should not happen. You can check out this demo:

In your case, the styling breaks when adding a new tab. Saving the changes and refreshing the page gets you the styling back. This could be caused by a 3rd party plugin. You could start by temporarily deactivating one plugin at a time to figure out which plugin might be the issue.

Best Regards.

I’ve already disabled all plugins and the problem remains.

Hi John,

I have checked the Tabs element by creating a new page, and it worked perfectly fine. But it breaks when a new tab is added, I have checked the same in my local environment but didn’t find the issue.

I would suggest you update the Pro to its latest version, i.e. 6.3.8 and check if that resolves your problem or not. I would also request you check once by clearing all types of cache including the System Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear System Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

I am already at 6.3.8:

And I have cleared all caches with the same results.

Hi John,

In your screenshot, it is clearly mentioned that you have the 6.3.7 version installed. Please update it and check if that resolves your problem or not. Please check once by clearing all types of cache including the System Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear System Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Thanks

That is embarassing. I’m now at 6.3.8 and I’ve cleared all caches and the problem remains:

Hi John,

I have checked it again by deactivating all the plugins, and now everything is working fine while adding a new tab. It seems one of your plugins is the reason behind the problem. I would suggest you activate plugins one by one and check which one actually causes the error. And then try to activate other plugins except for that one. There might be multiple plugins that cause the error, so you may need to repeat this process multiple times.

NOTE: I found multiple Pro theme in Appearance > Themes. Please delete the older version of theme to avoid any problem.

Thanks

Thank you! I’ve figured out its EWWW image optimizer. Now I just need to figure out what’s going wrong with that plugin.

Regards, John.

You are most welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.