Strange problem: Parent theme emptied

I’ve encountered a strange issue. During updates on several of my clients websites today, the Pro (and X, actually) parent theme folder was somehow “emptied” leaving the folder but deleting all the files inside. (I use WP-Umbrella to manage my clients’ plugin and theme updates) I’ve had to reinstall the parent themes on multiple websites after trying to perform the updates. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there something we can do differently to keep this from happening in the future?

Thanks!
Matt Jones

Hello Matt,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you try to update the theme manually, you need to download the theme from the Themeco account dashboard and upload it. Please have a look at this documentation to learn more about how to manually update the theme.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thank you for your response. I’ve already manually uploaded the parent theme again, but my question is more about finding out why it happened. I use Pro and X on nearly 100 of my clients’ websites and never had this issue happen where all the files within the parent theme folder disappear. My question is just to find out if anyone else has encountered this issue while updating Pro or X and if there is a way to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

Thanks again,
Matt Jones

Hello Matt,

This is the first time I heard that someone encountered the issue. The issue could be caused by the 3rd party plugin manager that you are using. Most of the users here, update the plugin or theme through the WordPress dashboard.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.