Strange IE11 Crash. I think it is my style.css

Hi Themeco,

It has been a long time since I have request any support but I have a real head scratcher.

My heavily customised site is working in all browsers except for IE11.

My site does make a lot of image requests and, at first, I thought this to be the issue. The images are all on the staging server so are quite slow to load.

But I disabled them and the crash continued. I disable plugins and it continued. I switched to the 2017 Theme. A-ha! It worked.

So I switched to the Pro parent theme. It continued to work.

I re-enabled my child theme and the crashes began again.

So I removed my custom pages. Still crashed. Removed javascript. Still crashed. Removed any custom file I have created.

Still crashed.

Cleared my style.css file.

No more crashing.

I have been over it all and put it into all the online tools and other than the usual warnings about using !important everything seems OK.

I’m not sure if you will be able to help, but if you can have a look with your more expert eyes I would be very appreciative.

Cheers

Justin

Hi Justin,

I can see from your admin the child theme is active and there’s a lot of content on style.css. Using IE11, the URL you have shared is loading fine. See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbQFi5IqBT
For now, it is best to check error log for more information.

Hi Lely,

Thanks very much for taking a look.

It may just be my installation of Internet Explorer as it is still experiencing constant crashes on the site. But I will keep digging.

Hey,

You are welcome!