Strange Font Behaviour

Hi there!

Hopefully there will be a quick answer to this. I have created a straightforward text block on my home page using the latest version of Pro theme. The colour is set to white.

This is fine on Chrome, Opera and Firefox…but on Safari on the iPhone, it’s blue! How can this be and what can I do about it?

To complicate it further, the text I have used is like this
<span style="_some styles NOT including colour_">some smaller text</span><br>The MAIN BIG TEXT
The text in the span text IS white on Safari, only the main text isn’t.

Thanks
Steve

hi there,

Thanks for writing in!

would you mind providing us the website URL? so that we can have a closer look on to the issue and provide you a possible solution!

Thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The site is https://skyhawkpictures.co.uk

Cheers,
S.

Hello There,

By default in Safari, all phone numbers will turn into a link and this is why it changes in color. To resolve this, please edit your page back in Cornerstone and insert the following custom css in the settings tab, Settings > Custom CSS

.e324-22.x-text {
    color: white !important;
}

Hope this helps.

Ahhh, ok, of course.
Thanks for getting to the bottom of that, I’m sure others will find the answer useful.

Cheers,
Steve

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

Just one more addition on this. I discovered you can turn off this setting for all phone numbers instead of having to do it in CSS. This is an Apple specific tag so only works on iPhones (etc.) but still very useful. This meta tag goes in the HEAD. Just FYI.

<meta name="format-detection" content="telephone=no">

Cheers
S.

Hey There,

Thanks for sharing this information.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.