Strange darker band on all pages

Easily visible on slower loading devices, i.e. mobile, there is a distinct band of darker color under the nav bar. You have my login creds, what is that and how do I delete it?

Hello @amadeus7,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site on my phone and it seems that it is working fine at my end, I would request you please share a marking screenshot or video and page URL so that we can advise you properly.

Thanks

The darker band is most visible before the first “paint.” Attached is an image from https://mozartorchestra.org/maestro. Darker band The dark band is not on the page background image which you can check in the site library. This appears on every page, full width. Also, why is the overall site background grey when I set it originally to black? How do I delete the grey depression? ThanksDarker band 2 I also attached the mobile early load image clearly showing the band, Before any pages are loaded. It also shows the “grey” unwanted background. Thanks for helping.

Hi @amadeus7,

It seems that background-color and the box-shadow set to the second bar of the header is the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you remove those values from those attributes to get rid of this issue.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

That was the issue, but there is still something still not kosher, my friend. The box shadow button was NOT selected and the "shadow still appeared on the page. I have now selected the box shadow button in the ON positions and changed all the numbers to Zero. I hope that works. Thanks.

Hello Ami,

I have inspected your site and I found out that in your image itself, there is a darker band. You can check this link to view your actual image:

Hope this helps.

The image you mention has a darker GRADIENT at the top left, not a band. Also, I have a no-gradient image as the background on other pages. The home page also shows the “darker band” against the browser grey while loading. I do not think it is the image with the gradient that is the cause. I just turned the box shadow on bar 2 of the header on and off a few times, and the band disappeared, I think it will be back, unfortunately. Is this a bug?

As you can see from the attached image, the darker gradient is in the upper left corner and there is NO BAND after I toggled the box shadow button on/off a few times. It is not the background image…

Hello Ami,

I do not think that this is a bug either because only you has experience the issue. I guess the band that you mentioned has something to do with the box shadows of your Bar elements you have added in the header.

Best Regards.

The only function of Bar 2 of the header is to contain the Logo image. Is there a NEW and different way to add the Logo image to the header? Then I could delete the current Bar 2, create a new Bar, possibly solving this annoying issue. I just limited the width of the current Bar2 to match the Logo image, I hope that solves it!

Hey Ami,

Let’s go back to what my colleague Tristup said:

Looks like you forgot the Background option, make sure that the Transparency is set to 0.

Regarding the Box Shadow, if you don’t enable that option, there’d be a default Box Shadow. You need to enable it and set everything to 0 like what you said but upon checking your site, the box-shadow values are not 0. I strongly believe that you’re using an aggressive caching plugin and/or your web host does have aggressive caching. That’s the usual reason why you don’t see the builder changes on the live page. Would you mind checking if you have a caching plugin and if so, clear all the caches and deactivate the caching plugin. Also, contact your web host to do the same. See more details here https://theme.co/docs/common-issues#disabling-cache

Hope that helps.

Thanks for replying. I did all that and cleared the cache. I think the unwanted band still returns after a while, especially on the phone viewport.

Hey Ami,

In that case, please deactivate the caching plugin you’re using and also tell your host to temporarily deactivate server-side caching then give us the following info in a Secure Note and we’ll check why the header will not output the settings that we talked about.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.