Sticky Mobile Scroll

Hi there,

My website is https://thelanguagesherpa.com/

I have noticed that when you go on any of its pages on a mobile (but not on a laptop or tablet) the scrolling becomes ‘sticky’. What I mean by this is that you can’t scroll down the page without great effort - so only after trying to drag it down about ten times or so it will eventually begin to scroll down. This of course means that a lot of my visitors will get frustrated and leave the website.

Do you know what I can do to stop this?

Thanks!
LS

Hi @riugn557,

Thank you for writing in, Although I can’t replicate the issue on my end and I can scroll down to your page on mobile easily. I think your issue is caused by any of your header and footer bars, I see that you’re using a fixed height and huge negative margins on your bars and containers.

Please provide us a screencast showing the issue, and then provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can attempt to resolve it.

Cheers!

Hi Friech,

I have created a screencast of the problem. It is the most recent media item in the ‘media’ -> ‘library’ area within wordpress. You can see it when you login (credentials provided securely below).

Thanks,
LS

Hello @riugn557,

I have checked your site on my phone and I do not have any issues scrolling the page.

Please clear your phone browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Hi RueNel,

I have cleared my phone browser and am still having the issue. I have also tried with other iPhones and android mobile devices and scrolling is still sticky.

LS

Hey LS,

Please set the height of all your Footer Bars to auto.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian,

That’s fixed it, thank you so much!

LS

On behalf of my colleague, you’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.