Sticky header issue with scroll effects

Hello,
As previously reported in this thread, Scroll effects offset problem, there is an issue with using a sticky header (set to Absolute positioning in my case) and scroll effects. The further down the page you scroll, the further up the element scrolls before appearing. On a long page, the element can be right at the top of the page before it appears. The scroll effect doesn’t appear to allow you to use the calc() format for setting the offset. Is there a workaround yet?

Hey @pmason,

I’ve just discovered that your Sticky Bar Shrink amount is 0. It should be set to 1 since I don’t see you need your header to shrink. The Offset follows the Sticky Bar’s Shrink amount so if it’s 0, the bar is not taken into account which is likely the cause of this issue.

If the issue persists, please just keep the Shrink amount to 1 if you don’t need your bar to shrink to avoid problems with the offset.

Thanks.

Hello @christian.
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve updated the shrink amount to 1 and cleared all the cache on the website, but it hasn’t fixed things for me. Here’s my settings for the header.

And here’s the result in my browser with content half way up the page and still not visible even though the offset is set to the default of 10%. The problem becomes worse the longer the page is.

Hey @pmason,

I could only replicate the issue if the Pro Footer’s height is shorter than its content so it causes a double scrollbar in the page which is surprisingly not visible on your page but still affects scrolling positions.

To overcome that, please set all your Footer Bar’s Overflow to hidden.

I’d also recommend that you set all your bar’s height to auto then use the Top and Bottom padding of the Containers and/or elements within your bar.

If that still doesn’t help, please maintain my suggestion above and give us the following info in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @christian.
I’ve tried your suggestions but it doesn’t work for me. I’ll attach login credentials.
Thanks,
Phil.

Hi Phil,

Sorry that you’re having that issue, for now, the only solution is to use a negative value on the offset. Apply only to the elements that have the issue.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.