Sticky bar element interacting differently with (Slider Revolution) top slider since update

I’ve updated X theme pro to the latest version (6.16) earlier today but noticed on one of my sites that since the update, the sticky navigation bar that normally sits underneath the (Slider Revolution) slider on the homepage now sits at the top of the page no matter what. Since the site was built a few years back, the navigation bar has sat underneath the slider on the home page, and after scrolling past the slider container the sticky bar then ‘sticks’ to the top of the screen. I’ve turned off the sticky checkbox on this element for the moment but wonder if there’s a workaround or something that I’ve missed in the slider/ header sticky-bar configuration?
The Slider for the homepage is configured in the regular page editor interface to sit above the Masthead.

Just updated to 6.16 as well and encountered the same issue.

Hello @lbi_debase,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you go to the page—>click on the Edit button—>Scroll down to page settings —>Slider Settings: Above Masthead/Slider Settings: Below Masthead, you need to set the slider position from here. If it doesn’t work for you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hell @prakash_s,

Thanks for your suggestion however I’m familiar with the Slider above/below masthead settings and this isn’t the issue. The site has been updated to 6.1.8 as of this morning.

I’ve turned the ‘sticky’ setting back on for the orange homepage navigation bar. It’s now sitting underneath the masthead slider as intended and behaves as a sticky top bar once I scroll past the slider BUT if I scroll back up the page it’s sticks to the very top (no longer underneath the masthead slider).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for updating in! It is best that you clone your site in a staging site so we can troubleshoot in the staging site. This is also to keep any issues happening or disrupting your site. Check out this:

By the way, the given credentials have very limited privileges. Please change the role to “Administrator” so that we can check the site and use Cornerstone to check your header element settings. And it is possible, it is the staging site so we can investigate further.

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,

Apologies, I overlooked the user credentials earlier. I’ve created a staging site and have updated the user to administrator. Thanks for your help.

Hello @lbi_debase,

We cannot get passed the authentication screen.
Please see the screenshot in the secure note below.

Thanks.

Hello @ruenel,

Really sorry about that. I’ve turned off the 2FA and have just tested logging in. You should be able to access the site now.

If you set the transition timing to 0 on that XL bar that’ll fix the issue for now. Thanks for bringing this to our attention first off. It looks like there something in Rev slider that is preventing transitions from ending. If you notice on the current site, if you go back to a position where it should stick to the bottom. If you hover over the navigation when it’s in this weird state, it’ll fix itself. So see screen shot for a fix for now and we’ll prevent this issue from ever happening.

Thanks very much @charlie for looking into this and providing a workaround, really appreciate it!

1 Like

No problem. We are just glad @Charlie was able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.