Stick colophon bottom to bottom of page

Hi there,

I’m having issues sticking the colophon bottom to the bottom of the page, if I use position:fixed, the content sits infront of it, i’ve used a z-index, but then the content just hides behind it and doesn’t allow me to scroll. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
-Keanu

Hi There,

To understand CSS position better, please see this: https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_positioning.asp

That is how fixed work. No matter what it will display on that position, on your case bottom regardless of other content. That means, yes it can cover the content. Now, you can’t scroll because the content area plus the header height is less than the browser height. See how I duplicate your headline thus increasing content height, then the scroll bar appear: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb6OQxIRSq Scroll bar will automatically appear when content height is more than browser height.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.