Static homepage problem

Hi there,
I have just installed x theme.

But as the title states, i’m having some kind of problem with my homepage.
It keeps defaulting to my blog.
I have gone into settings/reading but as soon as I click the page i want to display, then save, it reverts back to “your latest posts”

and doesn’t hold onto the static page I want it to.
:cry :cry :cry

Hi There,

Can you test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If this deosn’t work, please provide us the site URL and login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Hi albrechtx,

I have deactivated most of my plugins now & it seems to have been a plugin “simple page ordering”

I had been using a “fwrd” theme that I am happy with the content & layout on, but feeling that I should most likely do a fresh install?
The main reason i moved to x is due to the clean code, simplicity & the visual similarity to my current theme.

I don’t actually know which theme the simple page ordering plugin came from…

Hi there,

If disabling the simple page ordering plugin fixes the issue, it should not be necessary to do a fresh install of the theme.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.