Staff Directory using posts and loopers - need a little help

I’m working out how to build a scalable employee directory using:

Posts (one for each employee’s profile)
Layout builder (to provide a unique layout - different from news posts)
Category (a single category I can use to filter out news posts
Tag (multiple tags - one per department)
Archive pages (to display different groups of employees based on the tag

I almost have this working but am getting tripped up in loopers.

Before I get into more details - does this seem like something that might work or not?

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for reaching out.
It is not very clear what exactly you are trying to achieve here, but it seems that it requires customization which is beyond the scope of Theme Support. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

That’s exactly what I’m trying to avoid - custom coding. I want to use loopers and filter posts based on category and tags. Does that make more sense?

Hello Gregg,

You need to select the Looper Provide type as “Query Builder” then you can select the Taxonomies from the select box. You can select the Category/Tag from the Taxonomies select box. It would filter the post based on your select Category/Tag.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi @prakash_s,
Thanks. Yes I did that. What I forgot to do was to use the Assignments to filter the directories. Now it’s working. Still need to test it out with more staff bios and departments but so far it looks like it will work fine. Thanks!

G

Hello Gregg,

Glad that we were able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.