Hi, having issues securing a website that uses your theme. I have done HTML post processing and installed SSL Insecure Content Fixer. All media files have https: and I can’t figure out why the site has the gray icon with the info circle. Hosting provider said it is likely due to a theme setting or config. Can anyone help? Will post site details privately.
Hi There,
It could be the images are loading via the non-https URLs.
You can try to install this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-search-replace/.
Then find all the non-SSL URLs then replace wit the SSL URLs.
If it doesn’t work, could you please provide us with your website URL so we can take a closer look?
Thanks.
Hey There,
Would you mind providing us with your admin account as well?
Thanks.
Hi there,
I went ahead and fixed the URLs. There should be no problem with HTTPS now unless it’s loading external resources.
Thanks!
So what URLs were the issue so I know next time I use the theme. The plugin used was supposed to fix all image urls. Was it page related or something? Thanks!
Hi There,
This is a most common issue that is occurring if you install a SSL in the middle of your development process. Usually you will have to re-attach your images, background images and other media files to resolve this issue.
This won’t affect to the newly added content and pages after setting up your SSL.
Hope that helps.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.