Square icon in portfolio item

Hi,
I’m using Ethos stack on a child theme.
I notice that in my portfolio item page there is a icon on top left of the page (the icon is 9 tiny squares inside another square)
I don’t know what is it’s pourpouse (the link related to the icon is the same page) and how to disabled It or change the link.
I prefer to not write code but to set a parameter if it is possible
Thanks in advance and congratulation for your works: the X themes are amazing and the functionality supercool (cornerstone above all…)
Ciao
Claudio

Hi there,

The Grid icon that you see is supposed to bring the user back to the main portfolio page which can be set the URL by going to X > Theme Options > Portfolio:

If you check the case in our demo you will see what I mean:

http://demo.theme.co/ethos-1/portfolio-item/roman-forum/

I am not sure why this is not working for you. I suggest that you go to Settings > Permalinks and save the settings again there to flush the Permalinks cache and check the case.

To hide that icon you can simply add the code below to X > Theme Options > CSS:

.single-x-portfolio .entry-parent {
    display: none;
}

Thank you.

Hi,
thank you for the reply.
I want to keep the icon, but sill doesen’t work: the link is the URL of the specific page, not the main page of the portfolio.
Thisi is my page: http://www.annarossimilano.it/collezione/kazak-karaciof/
Any other suggestion?
Thanks
Claudio

Hi Claudio,

To change the link, you can add this in your child theme’s functions.php file.

 function x_ethos_entry_top_navigation() {
    if ( x_is_portfolio_item() ) {
      $link = "http://yoursite.com";
    } elseif ( x_is_product() ) {
      $link = x_get_shop_link();
    }
    $title = esc_attr( __( 'See All Posts', '__x__' ) );
    ?>

      <div class="entry-top-navigation">
        <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>" class="entry-parent" title="<?php $title; ?>"><i class="x-icon-th" data-x-icon="&#xf00a;"></i></a>
        <?php x_entry_navigation(); ?>
      </div>

    <?php
  }

Change http://yoursite.com with your own link.

Hope that helps

Now It works
Thank you
Claudio

Glad it worked.

Cheers!

Had exactly the same problem with my Ethos stack. The functions.php code resolves this. Thank you.

Glad it helped you as well.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.