Spurious <a> tags

Hi, I have a strange problem in that I have spurious tags within my pages which I cannot see to remove.

If you look at this page http://edentsa.education/wordpress/ for example, the first line of text in the paragraph is not a link “Eden CE Teaching School Alliance was designated in 2017 with one strong teaching school,” but it is showing as if it was. There are no incorrect tags or tags left open. The same is happening on this page: http://edentsa.education/wordpress/cpd/ and there are no links at all in this paragraph.

When I look at page source I can see them, but there is no way to remove them as I cannot access them in Cornerstone.

I have tried to fix the issue by:

  1. updating x and cornerstone.
  2. recreating the affected pages from scratch.

Neither works and I am now at a loss.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Update - I’ve removed all the links on the affected pages, and now the weird link has moved down to the first column of the footer! There are no links there at all. If I add link to any page, I get the problem. I am at a loss as to how to fix it and have never encountered this before (I’ve used X loads).

Hello @sarammog,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I checked the widgets section and can see that no links are there. Can you please try to completely delete X and Cornerstone and then reinstall again and see if that solves the problem?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Yes, but if I do that will I not lose all my styles?

Hi there,

The problem seems to be generated because you did not close a tag somewhere. Please double check the customizations that you have done and see where you did not close an HTML tag.

That is why you see the A tag go for all the texts in the Contact Us Widget.

Thank you.

Hi, I have checked everywhere, in fact I have just removed all links to troubleshoot, and the problem is still there.

Hi there,

I just added a test page without any content and here is the result:

http://edentsa.education/wordpress/test-page/

As you can see there is no A tag and everything is working ok. That shows there is 100% a problem with your content on that specific page.

Unfortunately, we can not dig deep to find where is the problem as this is a user input matter and out of our support scope.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.