Special caracter in text and header with cornerstone

Hello,
I am using the X-theme and I want to build a multi-language Website with WPML. When I enter text element in Cornerstone and use special caracter like á or Ö or other, I get u00e1 etc. I can’t find the reason…
Thank you for helping
Astrid

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! I have tried to reproduce this issue, but I couldn’t.

Could you please try disabling your 3rd party plugins and see if that helps. Also can you check the MySQL database engine type that you’re using (it could be related to that as well).

Thanks!

When I look in the Cornerstone window, everything is ok:

but not in the browser:

And when I go back to Cornerstone, the text changed.

MySQL database engine type is:

It’s really incredible!!
Thanks for your help!
Astrid

Hey Astrid,

What database charset are you using? UTF-8 is the commonly used charset.

Thanks.

I am using utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci
And this problem exists only with Cornerstone. When I use the normal editor, everything is ok. But I want to use the Cornerstone…

That might be the cause of the issue. It is not standard. Please convert or switch to utf8_general_ci or utf8mb4_general_ci. Here’s a discussion regarding conversion. We’re sorry but there’s nothing we can do on our end due to the fact that we cannot test all collations.

Thank you for understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.