Spacing around columns to create boxers

Thankyou for your continued support

I’m trying to create the spaces around each box’s for my individual columns but I’m struggling to achieve this.
The image provided is of the graphic I designed.

Additional to this once the user clicks on the plus button I’m wanting to create an overlay which will be a small amount of texts with a header. And then a simple cross in the corner after the user reads they can close the box after they’ve read. I know this sounds complex but do you have an idea how I can tackle this, either with html or maybe a plug in.

Thanks again
Will

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! To have some spacing around the columns, you must remove the row padding first and then remove the background color. You will have to add the background color in each of the column instead. In addition, you will have to add some padding with in each of the columns. Please see this image: http://prntscr.com/gpsji8

The overlay request upon clicking on the plus icon may only be possible with custom development. Regretfully there isn’t any feature in X or Cornerstone that will do that. Please be aware the your request is beyond the scope of our support. We only offer getting your site set up, minor cosmetic changes and some guidance on how to do things in X or Cornerstone.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers for the quick reply, silly mistake of me I should know this haha! Have a good day! Will

You’re welcome.