Sort portfolio button not showing with Pro headers

Hi guys,

OK, weird stuff happening : sort portfolio is not showing with Pro headers.

I checked about that on two website, and had the very same issue (on both of theme, I removed all PHP customisation, in child theme file and on functions.php).

So, in a nutshell, “disable page title” is NOT checked, portfolio filtering is enabled, double checked everything on WP conf, and it’s really a PHP issue here (no sign of H1 tag on the portfolio page).

If I disable the Pro header feature, the “sort portfolio” button is OK.
As soon as I activate the Pro header --> Gone.

Happens on a totaly fresh Pro installation, everything’s up to date (WP, theme etc).

Any clue ? Is that normal ? Cuz I see, on /wp-content/themes/pro/framework/legacy/cranium/headers/views/integrity/_landmark-header.php, line 117 :
<?php elseif ( x_is_portfolio() ) : ?> <?php if ( $disable_page_title != 'on' || $disable_filters != 'on' ) : ?> <header class="x-header-landmark x-container max width"> <?php if ( $disable_page_title != 'on' ) : ?> <h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php the_title(); ?></span></h1> <?php endif; ?> <?php x_portfolio_filters(); ?> </header>

But isn’t that for the “Old” header system (the one on X) ? Should’nt it be on Pro file too ?

Or does it mean I can’t filter portfolio object on Pro ?

Best regards

Charles

Hey Charles,

This is a known issue which is not easy to address and the recommended solution if you need filtering is to use the bundled Essential Grid or the Grid plugin to power your portfolio.

Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

Fine, I modified /pro-child/framework/views/integrity/template-layout-portfolio.php in my child theme with this, and it’s working now…

<?php
// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/INTEGRITY/TEMPLATE-LAYOUT-PORTFOLIO.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Portfolio page output for Integrity.
// =============================================================================

?>

<?php get_header(); ?>

  <div class="x-container max width offset">
    <div class="<?php x_main_content_class(); ?>" role="main">

<?php if ( x_is_portfolio() ) : ?>
<?php if ( $disable_page_title != 'on' || $disable_filters != 'on' ) : ?>
<div class="x-header-landmark x-container max width">
<?php if ( $disable_page_title != 'on' ) : ?>
<h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php the_title(); ?></span></h1>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php x_portfolio_filters(); ?>
</div><?php endif; ?><?php endif; ?>


      <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_portfolio' ); ?>

    </div>

    <?php get_sidebar(); ?>

  </div>

<?php get_footer(); ?>

Wasn’t so difficult to adress I guess :wink:

Thank you Christian_y :slight_smile:

Yes, it is not difficult to modify. The feedback from our core developer is this is not easy to address or release an official solution. I did not give you custom code because that is not only outside the scope of our support but it is encouraged that users do the customization themselves and maintain it. The impact of giving custom code would not be felt now but later down the line when other users report problems with their site by using unofficial solutions or workarounds and that causes maintenance problems for us.

Thank you for understanding.