Some google fonts will only render correctly with font manager disabled

I’m trying to use Cinzel for callouts.

With font manager enabled, it will render correctly in the pro editor (but not in the browser).

With font manager disabled, it renders correctly in the in the browser (but then I can’t use the font manager)

I had the same experience with multiple google fonts.

Hey @WaggingLabs,

We need to check your setup so we could try to replicate it in our test stes. Please give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note. Also give us the URL of the page you’ve added the callouts.

Thanks.

I also need the htaccess credentials (see Secure Note).

Thanks.

Hi Themco

I’ve been trying to troubleshoot this issue.

I created a few new installs with WP Engine. All but one of them have this issue.

I’ve tried the following for the installs that have the issue:

  • Delete all plugins
  • Delete all custom CSS/JS
  • Purge browser & server cache
  • Switch theme to Twenty Seventeen
  • Delete Pro/Child Themes
  • Reinstall Pro/Child Themes

After this last step, I went back to Templates > Fonts and found my previous selection still in place.

How could this be? Is the font data stored within WP?

I’ve also tried to recreate the problem by installing the same plugins, creating new header and footers, and recreating the page. I haven’t had any luck in determining the issue and still have one install correctly rendering Cinzel.

Hey @WaggingLabs,

I’m very sorry I just remembered that this is a known issue. Regretfully, you will need to disable the Font Manager for now to be able to use different fonts in your content.

Regarding the font data, yes it is stored in the database.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.