Some Child-theme CSS elements loaded in admin but not on live site for users

Info

  • Website: http://Mrunal.org
  • Latest x-theme, cornerstone are installed.
  • Cache: godaddy’s inbuilt cache mechnism and cloudflare’s CDN system.
  • No separate plugin for cache / auto-optimizing the css is being used. (in past I had used but now I disabled it an refreshed cache multiple times)

Problem#1

  • Some of the css design elements that I’ve written in the child-theme are displayed when I login as admin, but If I see website as user, then it’s not displayed. See the screenshot to understand:
  • In above screenshot, the recent comments widget on the left hand side, is supposed to use a css class “.bwp-rc-ulist” from the child-theme to make it show in colorful manner. But this is happening only when admin sees the site in his browser, but it’s not shown in users’ browsers.
  • See this screen:

Problem#2:

  • Similarly, every article’s introductory part has wikipedia like ‘index’ to individual sub-headings. This is also supposed to show in creamy color using “.square-list” css-element from the child-theme, but here also- this work in admin’s browser but not in readers’ browser.
  • See this screen:

Solution tried:

  • I’ve already tried things like purging the cache in godday and in cloudflare. no help.

  • I also checked whether browser is loading the said child-theme CSS or not in the user-browsers? The answer is yes:
    http://mrunal.org/wp-content/themes/x-child-REN17/style.css?ver=6.0.4

  • and within that child-css, it also mentions above elements, so I’m confused why it’s not working !? :frowning:

Please help, thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Try changing the import code in the style.css from

@import " '../x/framework/css/site/stacks/renew.css' ";

to

@import "../x/framework/css/site/stacks/renew.css";

or

@import ("../x/framework/css/site/stacks/renew.css");

Also, please make sure to clear the cache when you update the CSS file.

Hope this helps.

Before asking this question,

The child theme’s style.css had this

@import url( '../x/framework/css/site/stacks/renew.css' );

Upon your suggestion, I changed it to through filezilla and refreshed cache.

@import "../x/framework/css/site/stacks/renew.css";

On live website also it shows as

@import "../x/framework/css/site/stacks/renew.css";

It also shows the css elements in question “.square-list” (for the table of contents) and “.bwp-rc-ulist” (for recent comments on left bar)

But those elements are not showing the appropriate colors which they’re supposed to show.

So, my problem is still unresolved.:disappointed_relieved:

Hey There,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

  • Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.