(SOLVED)`<select>` and `<script>` only work when logged in

Hello,

I’m trying to add some dynamic-loading content on my site mixing a <select> for a dropdown menu and a <script> for hiding some divs and showing the choosen one.

Both work perfectly fine when I’m logged in into wordpress, but don’t when I’m not. The relevant content is destined for non registered users so it must work without loging in.

In summary, I’m using two content areas.
a first one with the <select> and the divs
and a second one with a <script>

First content area has:
<select id="target" name=lista-tv-comunidades> <option value="">Select...</option> <option value="content_1">Option 1</option> <option value="content_2">Option 2</option> <option value="content_3">Option 3</option> <select>
<div id="content_1" class="inv">Content 1</div>
<div id="content_2" class="inv">Content 2</div>
<div id="content_3" class="inv">Content 3</div>

Second content area has:
<script> document .getElementById('target') .addEventListener('change', function () { 'use strict'; var vis = document.querySelector('.vis'), target = document.getElementById(this.value); if (vis !== null) { vis.className = 'inv'; } if (target !== null ) { target.className = 'vis'; } }); </script>

When logged out, all it shows is the content of said tags as plain text.

How can I solve this?

1 Like

I think I got it. I made it work by changing my <select>, my divs and my <script> from two different content areas to one single Classic Raw Content element. Now it works both logged in and logged out.

Thank you anyways

2 Likes

No worries - thank you for keeping us updated! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.