Social Share, Plus sign in email

Hello,

I am having trouble with my social sharing email functionality.

I followed previous directions to both show all social sharing buttons at the bottom of every post, and to modify encoding to remove the “+” in between words in the subject line. However, the latter code had no effect.

Are these two bits of code conflicting with each other? Do I need to implement the social share icons a different way so that I can prevent the “+” from appearing in the email’s subject line?

Thank You.

Hi @santacruisin,

Thank you for writing in, you can modify that subject line without customization by adding the share_title="Lorem Ipsum dolor" property on the social share shortcode.

https://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/entry-share/

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thank you for this solution. It will certainly work as a “Plan B.” However, my principle desire is to have the title of the post in the subject line. That is to say, the title of the post without “+” signs in between the words.

Hello @santacruisin,

Have you follow the suggested solution from this thread, Remove plus sign in the subject of email sharing ? It should remove the + sign in the title of the posts. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your modifications. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Secure note sent. I did follow those previous directions, as referenced in my original post.

Hello @santacruisin,

Actually you already got the code right. You were just experiencing some caching.
I went ahead and cleared your cache already.

I4x1T_OnSVuAa_UVuixawA

After clearing the cache, I am now seeing the screenshot above.

Check your site now.

I am afraid that what you saw was an artifact of our process. There was lingering code from an above solution that works as what I called a “Plan B.”

However, my principle desire is to have the title of the post in the subject line. I can see that the subject in the shared post email is the post title and the + between words persists. Have a look.

Hello @santacruisin,

It is because you are using the incorrect shortcode and not the custom shortocde. I went ahead and have updated your PHP code.

function change_social_share_to_custom() {
  remove_shortcode( 'share' );
  remove_shortcode( 'x_share' );
  add_shortcode( 'share', 'custom_x_shortcode_share' );
  add_shortcode( 'x_share', 'custom_x_shortcode_share' );
}

Kindly check your site again. And by the way, we have temporarily deactivated the caching plugin so that we can immediately see the changes. You can activate it back once you can confirm that the modifications that you want is now working.

Best Regards.

Success, thank you! The support for x theme from Themeco has exceeded my expectations. I am very excited to continue using X on future projects.

Thanks again.

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.