Social Share buttons for Portfolio

Hello,

How do I get the social share buttons to appear on my site on the portfolio page please? like here: http://theme.co/x/demo/integrity/1/portfolio/

I already enabled the portfolio social links under Portfolio > Sharing in the Customizer and I have this turned on as well: Customizer > Integrity > Portfolio Options > Enable Portfolio Index Sharing.


Hope you can help me!

I already solved! Thx

Good to hear you figured it out. :slight_smile:

Hi, How did you solve it? I have the same problem.
This is my site: http://108.179.228.134/~cultuse1/projects/

Thanks for sharing

Hi @aci,

Social media icons already are available for your portfolio items. Click on one of the portfolio items and you will see the icons at the very end of the page:

Thank you.

Thanks, but I want them to appear on the main portfolio page, that is the link I put above. There you can only see the feature image, but not the title of the project or the buttons to share. If at least I can show the title it will be something.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! Please understand that you are using Icon stack and you wanted your portfolio page to display like with the Integrity stack. Is it not possible that you change the stack instead so that you can have exactly the same layout that you wanted?

And if changing the stack is not possible, you will need to modify the template so that your portfolio page will have the same elements as with the Integrity stack. Since you have your child theme active and ready, please follow the following steps below:
1] Using Notepad or TextEdit or Sublime Text or any text editor, please create a new file in your local machine.
2] Insert the following code into that new file

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ICON/CONTENT-PORTFOLIO.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Portfolio post output for Icon.
// =============================================================================

?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
  <div class="entry-wrap">
    <div class="x-container max width">

      <?php if ( x_is_portfolio_item() ) : ?>

        <header class="entry-header">
          <h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
          <?php x_icon_entry_meta(); ?>
        </header>

      <?php endif; ?>

      <div class="entry-featured">
        <?php x_portfolio_item_featured_content(); ?>
      </div>

      <?php if ( is_singular() ) : ?>

        <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content', 'the-content' ); ?>
        <div class="entry-extra">
          <?php x_portfolio_item_tags(); ?>
          <?php x_portfolio_item_project_link(); ?>
          <?php x_portfolio_item_social(); ?>
        </div>

      <?php else : ?>

      <header class="entry-header">
        <h2 class="entry-title entry-title-portfolio">
          <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to: "%s"', '__x__' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>"><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?></a>
        </h2>
          <?php x_portfolio_item_social(); ?>
      </header>

    <?php endif; ?>

    </div>
  </div>
</article>

3] Save the file named as content-portfolio.php
4] Upload this file to your server in the child theme’s folder wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/icon/

As this is all custom development, regretfully we won’t be able to assist further. Custom development is outside the scope of our support. We’re happy to provide advice and get you started in the right direction, but you would still be responsible for the implementation.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you very much. Your answer was very clear and solved what I was looking for. Now I’ll try to do it myself following your advice. Thanks again for your quick answer

Glad to hear everything is solved for you @aci! :slight_smile: