Social media icons not displaying

Hello, my website catquinney.com doesn’t display the social media icons nor the icon on the Contact section any more (all handles inserted), probably since a plugin update, it’s hard to be fully sure but I did notice it after a plugin update.

Hope you can help,
Cat

Hi @CatDouglas,

Thanks for reaching out.

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your social media.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply, for step 1 - is it enough to do a live preview of a theme? When I tried that the icons were not displaying either. It seems risky to activate another theme to replace my X child theme. Also what may be useful is that when editing in Cornerstone, the icons are all displaying.

Hi @CatDouglas,

I checked your site, It seems that the URLs are not fully replaced while moving the site from staging to productions and that causes the Mixed Content issue [ HTTP and HTTPS ] blocking to load fonts and icons.

If it happens after migrating the site from the staging, please let me know how you made this migration. If it is a feature of your hosting service, I would request you to ask them to correct those URLs.

You can also try out this arcticle on how to update the URLs when you are moving the sites.

Also, remember that the exact URL should be mentioned in Setting > General , WordPress Address and Site URL , including the protocol i.e HTTP/HTTPS.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Hello, this was moved from staging about four years ago and the display issue is very recent.

The url is used exactly in Setting > General , WordPress Address and Site URL

I have downloaded Velvet Blue plugin but want to hear from you first because I’m unsure this would be the cause in this case.

Thank you,
Cat

Hi Cat,

When I checked your site, I am already seeing the icons.

You must have resolved the issue already. The issue is because you are having CORS or Cross-Origin Resource Sharing. You can check out our documentation here to learn more about it:

Best Regards.

Hmm, that’s bonkers because last night it wasn’t showing and I haven’t even done anything on it.
I can’t be sure it won’t happen again, or can I?

Cat

Hello Car,

If ever it will comeback, it is all because of CORS. Just check out the link I have provided above and you should be able to prevent it from happening again.

Cheers.

Thank you for your help.

Hi Cat,

You are most welcome.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.