Snippets question

Hello. I have been including snippets and images on key pages. I had hoped that if I shared the page via the sharing shortcode, the image would become a part of the post. Is there any way to have this happen. It does pick up the snippet but not the image. Here is an example page. Thank you!

https://www.mttamdog.com/walker-profiles/

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!
We are really sorry but I can’t actually understand what exactly you want to achieve here.
Can you please post a screenshot or video that what exactly you want to do with.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks

I would like to be able to have all the posts add the snippet title, info, url, and image. I assumed that is why it has the ability to upload an image and would also help control what was used to promote a page regardless of where the info was being shared. I am not sure it is used as all but that would be a fantastic use. The only thing I am sure of is that where the info for sharing is pulled from does not seem predictable. I was hoping or assuming that would be a job snippets would perform. A is shares from a single page and B from another. If snippets were pulled from there could be a consistent and predictable message shared.

Hi There,

The Snippet extension is for Rich Snippets which is for search engines to better understand what your site is about.

I think what you’re looking for is for Open Graph tags (for social media sharing) if so, you can use Yoast SEO or this plugin.

X and PRO has a native Open Graph tags feature but its only standard, if you use a plugin for this please disable the native feature, that is under Theme Options > Social > Open Graph

If you see your posts sharing an inconsistent information, please debug it so the Facebook will scrape the new data.

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

Hope that shed some lights,
Cheers!

Thank you. Best.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.