Slow/Laggy Loading Navigation after update

I’m having an issue that didn’t exist before. Any time I load a new page on site (www.jleugene.org) the entire page loads first, except the NAV bar and upper menu. Sometimes after that loads it has loaded a bit off and you can see the styling visually jump to what it’s supposed to be. Any insight for a fix would be great.

Hello,

Thank you for writing in!

I have checked your site and all is loading normally. Can you clear your cache?

See dropbox link to video: Dropbox link to laggy nav video

Tried clearing cache, using different browser and using different computer all with same result.

I noticed it may be happening on certain pages as well (which still wasn’t happening before). It feels like the requests are taking longer than it used to, where as before everything loaded quickly and fluidly, and now it feels like it hangs. As for the NAV, on https://jleugene.org/about-jle/history/ it loads pretty slow. But the page https://jleugene.org/about-jle/committees/ the navigation loads right away (but again, the page seems to be loading slower and less fluid than it used to).

edit* One other thing I noticed too is that on the page where the nav does load right away, the bar below it with the breadcrumb page titles does not load right away (it hangs and then it and the rest of the page content shows up at the same time).

Hi There,

Upon checking your console Jetpack seems to be loading a font that is not being found.

Please turn off Jetpack plugin and let us know if the issue gets resolved.

Thanks

Thanks for the tip. Two things solved it. Disabling Jetpack (tested and that didn’t fix it all), but then also headed into appearance > header and changed the google font selected for logo (it was a font I wasn’t using anywhere else). After doing that everything seemed to work. I enabled JetPack again to find the same problem. There was an update available for Jetpack though, so once I updated the plugin everything seemed to be working again. Cheers and thanks again for the help.

P.S. I’m not getting any kind of email notification that this post had been responded to. Is that normal?

Glad it’s okay now and thanks for sharing. About the notification, you should get notification if you configure it under your Profile > Preferences > Notifications.

Thanks!