Slow initial load if unused for a few hours

Hi,

I am just starting out experimenting with Pro. I have made a copy of my live site and set Pro as the theme. So far, I’m very impressed with the theme. I do, however, have a problem that I can’t understand.

When I first access the site (front end or back end) when it hasn’t been used for a while, it can take a long time before anything happens. It then responds perfectly fine. This isn’t local caching, as once I have opened page on a browser, i can go to another browser on another device and it is fine.

I tried changing the theme and the problem appears to go away, so i don’t think it is anything inherent in my host, for example.

Is there something I can do to try and find what happens in the situation where the site hasn’t been access for a while?

Hello Adrian,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be the issue of plugin conflict or cache issue. I would suggest you clear the style cache from the Pro—>Settings—>System—>Clear Style Cache.

If it doesn’t help you, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Thanks. I’ll check through the list and get back to you.

Hello Adrian,

You are welcome, Adrian. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.