Sliders broken with X 7.2.3 and WordPress 5.5

I upgraded to WordPress 5.5 and Slider Revolution broke. It displays blank space. I installed Meta Slider and Smart Slider 3 and I get the same result/problem. Blank space. When I inspect the element I can see the slider code but every slider plug-in displays the appropriate sized blank space where the slider should be.

I have installed
WordPress 5.5
X 7.2.3
Slider Revolution 6.2.18 (the SR page - https://spc.pca.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=revslider - says 6.2.19 is available but ‘Activate to Update’ is greyed out so I can’t update)
PHP 7.3.21

Help, please!

Thanks,
Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for posting in! Please be advised that RevSlider 6.2.18 has some known issues with the latest WordPress 5.5. Our developers are still testing the patch update 6.2.19 at the moment. It will be available in the Automatic Updates anytime soon. Watch out for it.

Please bear with us.

Which is why I deactivated SR and installed Smart Slider 3 which exhibits the same symptom - blank space where the slider images should have been. Are other slider plug-ins incompatible with X? Or is this a symptom of an X issue? Screenshots of test page with inspects attached.

Slider Revolution has version 6.2.20 recommend within X now on the SR updates page.

Hey @dormaj,

Yes, we are aware of the latest release. Our developers are testing again for conflict and incompatibility issues between the theme and WordPress to make sure that there are no missed issues. Once they are done, it will be available in Automatic Updates anytime soon.

Please bear with us.

I have upgraded to Slider Rev Version 6.2.21 as you had suggested to another person having the same problem. It changes nothing. No slider plugin works! Not SR or Smart Slider 3. If you would like a login to my site, I would be happy to provide one. This goes beyond a SR problem in my experience. This looks like a WP 5.5 and X problem.

Hi @dormaj,

Please give us the following information in a Secure Note to check your current website.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

here you go… thx!

Hey There,

The plugin “Image Rotator Widget” is causing a conflict. By disabling the plugin the slider appears again. All the best!

Thanks so much for that. I assumed it was a j query issue. I should have thought about that plugin!

I appreciate your help and patience.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

It’s our pleasure to help you.

Regarding the Secure Note, the information you added in the Secure Note is secured and only our staff can see the Secure Note. And then themeco staffs are from a different part of the world.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.