Slider within a slider / Lightbox

Hi there,
I’m trying to achieve the following:
An inline slider of ‘team members’.
Click on one and a modal pops up with more information of that team member.
Also be able to scroll through team members from that modal.

I’ve tried a stacked slider within the inline slider which functionality wise works BUT it doesn’t link to the correct team member.
Eg: Team member 2 on the inline slider, loads Team member 1 (the start of the slider) in the modal.

Essentially it’s similar functionality to a lightbox gallery (click the picture, scroll through them) but nestled within a slider.
I’ve tried the post pagination within the modal and also data-x-slide-context to separate the sliders.

Any ideas?

Hello @RubberDuckers,

Thanks for writing in! We have not tested this nested Slider set up. It may or may not work. Are you using the Loopers as well? We would love to check your set up. Please provide us with your site access instead. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thanks @ruenel - happy for you to have a look. I’ve set up a test page with just the slider on it for you to look at - happy for you to change anything but if you do anything drastic let me know!
I’ll send the details securely along with a Loom just talking through what I’m trying to do :slight_smile:

Hello @RubberDuckers,

I have logged in and inspected your page. Regretfully this is not a Slider within the Slider setup. What you are trying to do is to connect two independent sliders. The link of the slide in the first slider will be doing two things; to launch the modal and display the correct slide of the slider 2. This is beyond the capability of the Slider element. And additional custom JS coding is needed to make it possible. Be advised that custom CODING is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

Thanks for taking a look @ruenel - is there a way with what is currently available with sliders? Perhaps I overcomplicated introducing the second slider.

Hi @RubberDuckers,

Unfortunately, there is no such option available right now.

Thanks

Hi @tristup - that’s a shame. Can I add it as a feature request somewhere?

Hi @RubberDuckers,

The specific elements are built for specific purposes, sometimes it do not serve individual cases. I will check and add this as a feature request if possible.

Thanks

Thanks - I get that - though I was essentially trying to make a gallery lightbox with navigation using the provided elements. Josh Donnelly made one from a static gallery (not in a slider originally): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASv_W7z74C4 so it seems there may be a requirement for similar!

1 Like

Hi @RubberDuckers,

That is another approach to achieving what he wants. But in your case, it is required some custom coding as suggested by my colleague.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.