Slider RevolutionProblem

I ran the latest Slider Revolution update this afternoon. The update errored out. I tried re-running the update and it said it was successful. After the update I was unable to access the Slider Revolution from the WordPress menu. I went back in the Extension install list and tried installing the plugin again. The install reuns for a few seconds and then errors out. Says that the directory already exists.

Thoughts?

The X theme and plugin were updated prior to the latest Slider Revolution update. installed version is 6.0.4

Hi @telovitz,

Thanks for writing in.

Please use FTP programs like Filezilla and under /wp-content/plugins/ delete revolution slider plugin.

Then, reinstall your RevSlider again in your X add ons.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

That worked. Thanks!

You’re welcome.

I have a similar problem but with a strange twist. I created four new slides for the Slider Revolution and replaced the previous four slides that were there. At that point, I received the 500 Internal Server Error. If I replace the four slides with what I had currently (or any other images in Media), it works. But having any of these new slides causes the 500 error. I’ve reinstalled Slider Revolution per the instructions in this thread with the same results. Thoughts on why this would be?

In fact, the problem appears to be my uploader. Anything I upload and try to put into the slider results in the error. Today I did fix an HTTP error that occurred whenever I uploaded anything. I added a PHP.INI file in wp-admin with max_filesize parameters which seemed to fix the problem but now anything that’s uploaded crashes Slider Revolution. Sigh. Not sure what to do.

Once I figured a different way to fix the HTTP upload error (courtesy of my host), Slider Revolution works again. So, I’m good.

we are glad that it works for you now!

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.